I'm midway through season 2, and figured I'd share some comments just far.
1. The writers seem to be attempting to comment on every single social situation in the last 100 years, but I think the overarching premise is going to be "racism is bad."
2. I like the acting and a lot of the characters. It's certainly not Firefly, but still worth watching thus far.
3. Grace Park is perfect for television. She looks "meh" at first sight and gets hotter over time. This is in contrast to the cylon in Baltar's head who runs the opposite course.
4. So that's where Ensign Ro's been for the last 10 years. Hello Admiral.
5. Between this and Blade Runner, I'd like to give Mr. Olmos some sort of "thanks for doing sci fi" award. The same goes for McDonnell and Sneakers.
6. Here's to hoping that the writers stop going down this course of crap plots (the last couple sucked). They already did whatever it is they were going to do, so I suppose I just have to wait and find out.
7. I looked on IMDB because I had forgotten the name of the doctor on Deep Space Nine that is playing Baltar. I was absolutely shocked to discover that it's not the same person. Good work, Deep Space Nine Guy, despite not being from DS9.